I recently finished reading Apache Cordova 3 Programming by John M. Wargo. The quick summary is this book is a great introduction to the Cordova/PhoneGap platform for both novice and experienced Cordova developers.
The book’s topics include:
- How to install and use the Cordova CLI and associated tools
- How to configure the Android developer tools (ADT) to run, test, and debug your Cordova applications for Android
- How to use Xcode—Apple’s development tool for iOS development—to run, test, and debug Cordova applications for iOS devices
- How to use the Safari browser to debug Cordova applications on iOS devices
- How to use the Microsoft development tools to run, test, and debug Cordova applications for Windows Phone 8
- How to set up and use the PhoneGap Build service to package Cordova applications and share those applications with others
- How to create Cordova plugins for both Android and iOS
Filled with lots of examples and code, the book includes includes complete coverage of Android, iOS, BlackBerry 1.0 and Windows Phone development for Cordova.